As selfish as this sounds, there is no principle that I am willing to die for. At this point in my life, I have not grown any sort of strong attatchment to any of my ideals. So at this point, my own existance is perhaps the most precious ideal I have.
When I first think of dying for something I have that same feeling because to do that would be asking for a lot. But at one point maybe you will find something more than your own existence that you would believe in.
ReplyDeleteDo you think it is easier to die for a person rather than an ideal?
ReplyDeleteIt honestly depends on the situation and my personality at the time. Certain people such as a child or a spouse would probably be more worth my life than something I believed in. Unless of course what I believed in also benefited those people.
ReplyDeleteOr perhaps they would conflict with each other. At this point, I honestly believe that there is now any of knowing.